COACHES’ CODE OF ETHICS
I hereby pledge to live up to my certification as a NYSCA Coach by following the NYSCA Coaches’ Code of Ethics:
• I will place the emotional and physical well being of my players ahead of a personal desire to win.
• I will treat each player as an individual, remembering the large range of emotional and physical development for the same age group.
• I will do my best to provide a safe playing situation for my players.
• I promise to review and practice basic first aid principles needed to treat injuries of my players.
• I will do my best to organize practices that are fun and challenging for all my players.
• I will lead by example in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all my players.
• I will provide a sports environment for my team that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol, and I will refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
• I will be knowledgeable in the rules of each sport that I coach, and I will teach these rules to my players.
• I will use those coaching techniques appropriate for all of the skills that I teach. • I will remember that I am a youth sports coach, and that the game is for children and not adults.