YOUTH COACH MANDATORY CONCUSSION & NYSCA CERTIFICATIONS
Heads- Up Concussion Training
Every head and assistant coach must complete the Heads-Up concussion training clinic before they can coach this season at any capacity.
Go to this link (Found on the website) www.cdc.gov/concussion/HeadsUp/youth.html
- Select courses - Scroll down and select Coaches (FREE)
- At the completion of the training you will have a certificate that you can either print out and provide at the coaches meeting or save and email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or bring by Recreation Office.
- There is no fee to take the concussion clinic.
- All head coach certifications must be complete and provided to the Alma Bacon County Recreation Athletic department before first practice.
Mandatory NYSCA Coaches Certification
Alma Bacon Country Recreation Department is a member of the NYSCA and requires all volunteer coaches to become a member. The following is info to become a member if you are not already a member. Coaches, please email your certification card to mailto:email@example.com once you have completed the online clinic.
- Go to www.nays.org
- Select Coaches under the Training/Membership Heading
- Select Sign Up! (You will be given an overview of next steps once you select Sign Up!)
- Select Get Started - Follow the steps. There is a $20 fee.
- After taking the online test you will be provided a temporary coaches card. Please make a copy for your records and email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org provide a copy to the Alma Bacon County Athletic Department at
Congratulations on becoming a certified coach through the NYSCA